Last modified : 27th April, 2017
Information Collection and Use
Basic Account Information: Some of our product features, such as searching and viewing public Madcue posts, do not require you to create an account. If you choose to create a Madcue account, we’ll ask for your personal information, like your name, email address, phone number or date of birth. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, to market to you, to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse, and to help others find your account, including through third-party services and client applications. You may also unsubscribe from a notification by following the instructions contained within the notification.
Information we get from your use of our services: We collect information about how you view or use our services including your interaction with the content. This information includes:
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Madcue may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Madcue Account.
- Log Information: When you use our services or view content provided by Madcue, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries, links followed.
- IP Address
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Madcue Account.
- Location Information: When you use Madcue services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Madcue with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Local Storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
We use the information we collect from our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Madcue and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
Profile and Public Information: Not all the information you provide us while creating your Madcue account is displayed publicly. Your public information includes your name, picture and short biography. Additionally, your public information includes the comments you post, the posts you like, the tags you upvote and your favourite quotes. However, the posts you view, authors or tags you follow and the links you save are not made public without your consent. There is no option, currently available, on Madcue to hide this information. Please note that your profile cannot be found or viewed via our search option.
We work hard to protect Madcue and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. We encrypt our services using SSL, guard against unauthorised access to systems and restrict access to personal information to Madcue employees.
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorise us to transfer, store, and use your information in any country where we operate. In some countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live.
If you have any queries regarding the Terms of Service, get in touch with us.